10 things you didn’t know about Jennifer Lawrence
As Jennifer Lawrence wins the Oscar for Best Actress, here are 10 things you never knew about this rising star.
1. She auditioned to play Bella in Twilight but lost out to Kristen Stewart.
2. Her father owns a construction company and her mother runs a summer camp. Jennifer has said that they were dead against her taking up acting. She told Canada’s The Globe and Mail: ‘My parents were the exact opposite of stage parents. They did everything in their power to keep it from happening.’
3. Jennifer accidentally knocked her Hunger Games co-star Josh Hutcherson out cold on the set of the movie by kicking him in the temple. Note to self: don’t mess with Jen.
4. She beat Hailee Steinfeld, Abigail Breslin, Emma Roberts, Saoirse Ronan, Chloë Moretz, Lyndsy Fonseca, Emily Browning, Shailene Woodley, and Kaya Scodelario for her part in The Hunger Games.
5. She was a cheerleader in high school.
6. She plays guitar.
7. Jennifer was discovered by a photographer while visiting New York with her mum in 2005, which led to her landing an agent.
8. She was voted by her class as ‘Most Talkative’.
9. Was nominated for 27 awards for her role in Winter’s Bone. She won 9.
10. Jennifer Is a natural blonde. She dyed her hair brown for her role in The Hunger Games.
By: Itziar Arriola H.