Coachella’s just around the corner, and this year marks not my first, second or third–but fifth pilgrimage to Indio for the festival! It’s crazy to think that the first time I went to Coachella when I was fourteen, Black Keys was just an opening act. This year? A headliner. It’s crazy how quickly life changes and passes you by. Anyway below is a brief list of some Coachella essentials to pack for the trip! Though I’ve failed to mention some other key essentials, like an open knit cardigan, bales of sunscreen and lots, and lots of maxi dresses. 1. Zimmermann Amity Underwired Bikini-The most basic necessity. If there’s anything you plan on leaving, make sure this isn’t it.
2. Alaïa Studded Leather Sandals-Let’s face it ladies, part of the fun is dressing up for the festival. Finding a cute pair of flat footwear has never been more pivotal than when mid-April rolls around.
3. Super ‘Lucia‘ Sunglasses-My favorite shades of all time, aside from Karen Walker’s ‘Number One’. I grabbed myself this rose tinted pair just in time for spring.
4. Emma Cook Lace Trimmed ‘Georgette’ Shorts-A distressed denim alternative. A light weight breathable material means skirting around having to deal with sweaty / chaffed thighs.
5. Proenza Schouler PS1 Wallet-The old saying that goes “Less is more” has never been truer than now. The less you pack, the more you’ll thank your back. Although price gouging for water and food is notorious inside the festival, it’s almost worth the cost to carry the bare minimum, bite the bullet and just spend the cash instead of carrying around a burlap sack of necessities. Simply because there is lots, and lots, and lots of walking.
6. Topshop Sleeveless Drape Blouse-Light and airy, perfect blouse for dressing in the dry arid desert.
7. Mixed Pastel Bangles-I want to avoid using the word “quirky” and “cute”, but this is exactly what it is.
8. Lomography Diana Mini Camera- Since security doesn’t allow in SLR cameras, rotating to film is a fun alternative to document all the madness. It makes for a much more raw experience of the festivals, since there is no way to press ‘delete’ on any of the candids.
Hope you guys enjoyed the post! For those who want to view more festival wear, check out my favorite editorials by Threadsence and Free People.